Monday 12 November 2012

Paleo Pumpkin Cake with PB & Cacao Nib Topping

I haven't posted in so long! I've had so many things going on, all VERY exciting!
Here is a recipe I winged while at my sisters this weekend.

For the Pumpkin Cake
- 3/4 Can of Pumpkin Purée
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Cups Almond Flour (Ground Almonds)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Stevia (I would have used honey if it had been available at the time and probably used 2 tbsp)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda

Toppings
- Roughly 5 Tbsp Chunky Peanut Butter (I say roughly as I spread on each piece as I ate)
- 1 cup Cacao Nibs

* Pre heat oven to 180'c.
* Line a small rectangular tin with baking paper. This recipe can also easily be made into a loaf!
* Mix together your eggs and pumpkin until smooth.
* Add your Cinnamon and Ginger and stir well. If you can smell the spices strongly, you're doing well!
* Add your almond flour, stevia and baking soda and mix well until completely combined. (Your mixture should be like a cake mixture consistency)
* Pour into tin and bake for 25mins if in wider rectangle tin, and 35mins if in loaf tin.
* Allow to cool, and then decide whether you want to smooth over your peanut butter and sprinkle on the cacao nibs, or whether to do it on individual pieces as your consume!

No comments:

Post a Comment