Saturday 3 November 2012

Paleo Maple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes

I've been neglecting posting all of my recipes for a few days, sometimes it's because I'm terrible at making them up as I go and forgetting what I did ha!
These guys deserve a big mention though!
I'm currently suffering the 'lady' cravings, and these definately hit the spot, although I want to add that although these are paleo and clean, you don't want to be eating these ALL the time like my other pancakes... These guys have a higher sugar content from the maple syrup.

Pancakes

- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 scoop natural hemp protein
- 2 tbsp almond flour (ground almonds)
- 2 heaped tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Toppings

- 1 heaped tsp raw chocolate hemp spread
- 1 heaped tsp raw pecan butter
- handful of pecan nuts
- drizzle of pure maple syrup

* Put a good non stick pan on LOW heat.
* Mix together egg whites, almond milk and maple syrup.
* Add your protein powder and almond flour and mix well.
* Now add your coconut flour a little at a time and mix. The reason for this is because coconut flour can dry mixture out very quickly if too much is used. You want a thick cake consistency.
* Add your cinnamon and mix well until all combined and smooth.
* Add mixture to pan in whatever pancake shapes you fancy and be patient to let them cook on LOW so they don't burn. Once the top has bubbles across the top it's time to flip them.
* Scoop on your chocolate spread, and pecan butter, sprinkle on your pecans and then drizzle over the syrup.
* Trust me, you want to enjoy these ones! AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment