Friday 5 October 2012

Good morning, afternoon, evening, night...

First post of the blog.
I've been wondering if I should think up so mega awesomeness for the first post, but that scrambled my brain too much, so I opted for plain old mediocre...
Today I got up at 5am (yes, 5am is my time of CHOICE to get up in a morning, even though my daughter doesn't need to be up until 7 and if left to sleep would sleep until 9 ha!)... I find an early start gives me the time I need to consume copious amounts of strong, black coffee and come round to making some productive choices before the rest of the world wakes, then I find I'm ready to tackle the day...
It's absolutely fine and completely normal to need that lazy hour or so in a morning to come round, just think ahead and make the decision to get up an hour earlier, even if you don't HAVE to, I promise you'll function so much better for it!
Anyway, breakfast this morning was the following...

Breakfast (5am)

- 250g Total 0% fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 Large Apple
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Natural Honey (could also use agave, sweet freedom, stevia, coconut palm sugar)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Sprinkle of Pecans/Almonds

1. Core and slice your apple.
2. Place in a microwave safe bowl and add the water, honey and cinnamon.
3. Microwave for 2 mins, stir, then microwave for another 1 min or until your apples are soft...
4. Pour over your COLD 0%, sprinkle on your choice of either almonds or pecans and ENJOY!!

(Side note - I watch my sugar intake generally, but if that doesn't bother you too much then an extra drizzle of honey would be quite tasty after adding the nuts too!)

AND this CAN and SHOULD be adapted as either a breakfast or snack for your kids too! Use Greek yogurt with a higher fat content as growing kids need that, add that drizzle of honey to the top, and sprinkle in some wholegrain cereal. My 3 year old daughter LOVES natural all bran or oats in hers, and she loves healthy granola in there too... (I'll post a recipe to make your own one day too, but I suggest eat natural granola or muesli)

I figure I should split my day into posts, so here goes my first post... Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment